Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Soup Tutorial

As I've said before, I'm all about soup in the winter. Not to brag or anything, but I can make soup out of anything and everything. It is all about technique.

I've run across a great soup tutorial at Daily Decadent which explains the soup making techniques. All the mystery of soup thoroughly explained with pictures! Soups are my comfort food - most are quite hearty (especially the way I like them) AND frugal! I only but meat on sale and often in bulk.

OK, I confess to, on a rare occasion, splurging on a special meal here and there. I has to be a pretty special occasion though.

I also confess to having 3 chest freezers and 2 upright freezers (long story) to store my meat purchases and soups/sauces. I love cooking once and eating twice!

I can't forget to mention my Foodsaver which dramatically increases the freezer life of my sale purchases. No more freezer burned to the trash meat for me! Nothing makes me sadder than to throw away money like that. Well, almost nothing.

Have fun learning all about the technique for making soup: Soup Toujours at the Daily Decadent

No comments:

Post a Comment